If you are working hard in the gym but your biceps size is not increasing or you are not getting the biceps size that you want. It can be due to your improper diet or you are not working properly on each part of your biceps. Hammer curls is the exercise you should add in your chart.
It targets the brachialis muscle which is found on the outside of your upper arm adjacent to the biceps muscles which is responsible for adding a 3D look to your arms.
Learn how to perform hammer curls with perfect form
Starting Position :
- Stand holding dumbbells in your hands with a closed, neutral grip.
- Legs should be shoulder width apart.
- Keep shoulder blades backward.
- Your chest up and core tight.
- First of all Raise the dumbbell up across your body until you feel the muscle fully contracted.
- Hold the contracted position for a brief moment as you squeeze the biceps.
- Finally slowly lower the dumbbells to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement.
Things you need to focus :
- Do not swing your body or lean back while doing hammer curls.
- Do not move your elbows while raising or lowering the dumbbells, since it release the tension from your biceps and you will not feel the perfect contraction in your biceps.
- Control the weight while lowering the dumbbells, time for lowering the dumbbell should be twice as much of raising the dumbbell.
- Keep the dumbbells slightly away from your body when lowering the dumbbells. It keeps more tension in your biceps.
- This exercise can be performed in sitting or standing position.
- I prefer doing seated hammer curls as you cannot swing or lean back.
- You can do this exercise with one hand at a time or both hands together.
- I prefer one hand at a time as i can fully squeeze the dumbbell and get maximum contraction.