Biceps concentration curl is a great isolation exercise for your biceps. This article which educate you about the right form of this exercise and the most common mistakes people do.
Execution Concentration Curl :
- Sit down on a flat bench with legs positioned shoulder width apart. Place the dumbbell on the floor, between your legs.
- Rest the back of your right arm (just above your elbow) against the inside of your right thigh.
- Rotate your palm so that your hand should face forward. [ Note : Your hand must fully extend without touching the ground].
- Lift the dumbbell in a curling movement while exhale your breath, until it has reached a point of full contraction. The dumbbell should reach to about shoulder height.
- Squeeze the dumbbell and hold the dumbbell for a second.
- Then slowly lower down the dumbbell
- Repeat the motion.
Things you need to focus :
- Do make sure that you arm is resting against your leg. This stabilizes the working arm and allows for better isolation.
- Do not drop the weight. Lowering dumbbell should take slightly longer time than your lifting it.
- Avoid using too heavy weight.
- Do not fully extend your hand as we don’t want to lose the constant tension in biceps.
- Your little finger should be higher than your thumb while lifting. This will help you fully contract the biceps muscle.
Biceps Concentration Curl :
Read more :
- Dumbbell Hammer curls – Exercise Guide and Tips with Video
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises – best exercise for round shoulders
- Incline Dumbbell Press – For a strong and bigger upper chest
- Best chest workout for skinny men : build bigger chest in 28 days